Implementing file reading in C/Python

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Jan 12 21:29:15 EST 2009

sturlamolden wrote:
> On Jan 12, 1:52 pm, Sion Arrowsmith <si... at chiark.greenend.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> And today's moral is: try it before posting. Yeah, I can map a 2GB
>> file no problem, complete with associated 2GB+ allocated VM. The
>> addressing is clearly not working how I was expecting it too.
>
> The virtual memory space of a 32 bit process is 4 GB.

After my last post I should also point out

a) That was specific to 32-bit processes, and

b)
http://regions.cmg.org/regions/mcmg/Virtual%20memory%20constraints%20in%2032bit%20Windows.pdf
describes the situation better, and outliones some steps you can take to
get relief.

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119