Egg deinstallation

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Mon Jan 12 13:03:22 EST 2009

In article <6t139nF8ip4nU1 at mid.uni-berlin.de>,
 "Diez B. Roggisch" <deets at nospam.web.de> wrote:
> mk wrote:
> > I googled and googled and can't seem to find the definitive answer: how
> > to *properly* deinstall egg? Just delete the folder and/or .py and .pyc
> > files from Lib/site-packages? Would that break anything in Python
> > installation or not?
>
> It depends on how you installed it. If it is done via
> setuptools/easy_install, you should also clean up the
>
> site-packages/easy-install.pth
>
> file.

... and which you can do by editing that file directly or by using the
easy_install -m option to mark the egg as multi-version before deleting.
In either case, keep in mind that the egg may have installed one or more
scripts; those have to be removed manually.

<http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#uninstalling-package
s>

--
 Ned Deily,