Where Find Activestate Python 2.5?

W. eWatson notvalid2 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 11 19:29:16 EST 2009

John Machin wrote:
> On Jan 12, 9:55 am, "W. eWatson" <notval... at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> I went to their site and the only choice seems 2.6. I looked around and
>> found no other choices. Is it possible to get 2.5?
>
> What do you see when you go to http://www.activestate.com/activepython/downloads/
> and scroll down? I see 3.0, 2.6.1, 2.6, 2.5.2.
That's correct. If I try to get there (downloads) via starting with the home
page (click Python tab), select ActivePython in the Community, then I see
<http://www.activestate.com/activepython/> one large icon button that takes
me to 2.6. If instead of using the button, I select ActiveState Downloads,
then I get to <http://www.activestate.com/downloads/>. I see ActivePython
among the Developer Tools. Using that gets me to
<http://www.activestate.com/activepython/>, the big download 2.6 button
again. Nowhere did I get your url. An interesting maze.

--
                                W. eWatson

                     Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>