State of the art: Tkinter, Tk 8.5, Tix?

Дамјан Георгиевски gdamjan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 21:57:12 EST 2009

> The themed Tk widgets (ttk) that come with Tk 8.5 add a lot of the
> same things that Tix does, but they do so in a more modern way,
> hooking into platform-specific themes and API's wherever possible (XP,
> Vista, Mac) and updating the generic X11 look as well. As such, they
> are more appropriate for modern development. Tix is more of a legacy
> toolkit.

Interesting... so to summarize, what do I get from Python/TK on *Linux*
with tkinter beeing dynamically linked to the system tk 8.5.6 ?

Especially I'd like to know if it will support fontconfig/TTF/antialiased fonts?

--
дамјан ( http://softver.org.mk/damjan/ )

When you do things right, people won't be sure if you did anything at all.