type conversion

Lie Lie.1296 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 18:07:55 EST 2009

On Jan 3, 10:23 am, r <rt8... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 2, 7:46 pm, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-THIS-cybersource.com.au> wrote:
>
> ...incessant rambling about a news reader , 101 excuses for butting
> into a thread
> [snip]

... public display of ignorance of newsgroup ethics, 101 excuses for
not knowing proper terminologies.

> Throw your newsreader in the garbage and use Google groups, less
> headache, more filling!

Really? I found Google Groups lacking for many thing. Google Groups'
only advantage is being browser-based.

> No need to worry about
> "hidden headers" And you may even get a star or 2 :)

Don't you realize that even Google Groups handles those hidden headers
too. And that the hidden headers aren't really hidden, even in Google
Groups.

> > If people are ignoring a thread, they won't even see your post even though you have changed the subject line.
>
> Yea NO $#Y, that makes a lot of sense, if i am ignoring something i
> course i will not see it!
> OK, Steven so you did not go off topic you simply high-jacked this
> thread. I get it now :)

"Yea NO $#Y", that doesn't make sense. Yea or NO? or $#Y?