mac osx how to use a specific python environment

Markus Falb markus.falb at fasel.at
Fri Jan 9 15:33:55 EST 2009

On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 10:07:18 -0500, Philip Semanchuk wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2009, at 7:27 AM, marco kuhn wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> I would like to use a specific python environment in a script . The
>> script is load as a plugin by a program which offer a python api . The
>> python environment is build in.
>>
>> How can I use the standard python environment. Can i explicit load the
>> env in my python script.
>
> Hi Marco,
> I'm not exactly sure what you want to do. But if you execute `python` at
> the command line, OS X will launch whatever version of Python it finds
> first in your PATH.

also, with unix you can set a "per script" interpreter in the first line
of the script
#!/usr/bin/env python2.5
or
#!/usr/bin/python2.3
or
#!/usr/bin/python
or something like that should do the trick.
however, i'm also not exactly sure what you want to do.
i dont think its possible to switch the interpreter in case you import
your plugin as a module

best regards, markus