Python Imaging Library and textmate

bilgin arslan a.bilgin.a at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 12:19:43 EST 2009

Hi Philip,
I tried to install PIL with the directions given and it seemed to be ok.

When I tried it with IDLE, import Image did not give an error and as
far as I checked it seemed to be working.
However, importing Image module in TextMate gives an error, saying
that the module cannot be found for some strange reason.

The code simply contains the line *"import Image"* in both cases

On Jan 9, 2009, at 2:49 AM, bilgin arslan wrote:

>* Hello,
*>* I am a beginner in python and I am trying to create image files that
*>* contain
*>* lines from a text file.
*>* I am trying to do this with PIL, which seems like a suitable tool. I
*>* have a
*>* copy of TextMate(1.5.8) and I run Macosx 10.5.6
*>*
*>* The problem is, even though I installed PIL correctly (I get no
*>* errors from
*>* "import Image" in IDLE or in terminal), I can't get TextMate to
*>* import the
*>* module.
*>* I keep getting "ImportError: No module named Image" error.
*>* I tried reloading TextMate's bundles but that did not work either.
*
I use TextMate but I don't know what you mean when you say you can't
get TM to import a module. Can you give a little more context?

>* There was a similar thread in this list with textmate but I can't
*>* understand
*>* how that issue was solved in the end.
*
link?

bye
Philip