win32gui

TheSeeker duane.kaufman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 09:08:22 EST 2009

On Jan 9, 7:34 am, Gandalf <goldn... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, everyone
> I'm searching the win32gui lib to find a way to get the text under the
> user cursor.
> so far I managed to find only the controller ID which under the cursor
> this way
>
> cursorID = win32gui.WindowFromPoint(win32gui.GetCursorPos())
>
> their is function called GetWindowText I tried to use but it doesn't
> work in most of the time
>
> someone know a way to do this?
>
> thank you!

One app that might be of help with your endeavors is called AutoIt
(http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/)

This suite of apps has a nice window browser, which shows most (if mot
all) information available from a Windows window. Sometimes not all
text in a window is available, depending on the window. It even comes
with a COM component, so it can be scripted from Python...

No affiliation, other than a contented user.

Duane