Best practice in organize classes into modules

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Fri Jan 9 00:22:03 EST 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 9:09 PM, Steven Woody <narkewoody at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 1:02 PM, James Mills
> <prologic at shortcircuit.net.au> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Steven Woody <narkewoody at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> In C++/Java, people usually put one class into one file.  What's the
>>> suggestion on this topic in Python?  I so much interesting this
>>> especially when exception classes also involved.
>>
>> Normally i group related functionality into the one module.
>
> Will that lead to too large source file size?  Is there a
> recommendation on max lines of a python source?  Thanks.

I don't think there's really a hard-and-fast rule (just like in Java &
C++!). When the program starts to feel unwieldly, then start splitting
it into multiple modules. Python files can generally contain several
classes and functions and still be quite manageable.

Cheers,
Chris

--
Follow the path of the Iguana...