looking for tips on how to implement "ruby-style" Domain Specific Language in Python

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Thu Jan 8 11:03:03 EST 2009

On 8 Jan., 16:25, J Kenneth King <ja... at agentultra.com> wrote:

> As another poster mentioned, eventually PyPy will be done and then
> you'll get more of an "in-Python" DSL.

May I ask why you consider it as important that the interpreter is
written in Python? I see no connection between PyPy and syntactical
Python extensions and the latter isn't an objective of PyPy. You can
write Python extensions with virtually any Python aware parser.
M.A.Lemburg already mentioned PLY and PLY is used for Cython. Then
there is ANTLR which provides a Python grammar. I also know about two
other Python aware parsers. One of them was written by myself.