reflection as in Java: how to create an instance from a classname

guss guillaume.aubert at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 07:28:29 EST 2009

Hi Carl

thanks for your improved forname method.

Regarding the high level reflection API, it is true that we don't need
an API as complex as in Java considering the dynamic aspect of Python
but you have a forname function I needed one so
it could be nice to have it (and other services related to reflection
and introspection) standardized in an api supported by default by
Python.

Who doesn't need to load or create a class (a plugin object ...) from
a configuration file these days.

        Cheers Guillaume