Is there a best linux distro for a python hobbyist?

Dave Crouse dcml1 at crouse.us
Tue Jan 6 04:21:34 EST 2009

My apologies to the list if this is a double post. My email client
tried to send with the wrong email address.

I use Arch Linux, it has Python 3.0 and 2.6 and 2.4.  Below are some
common packages and their version numbers. I wouldn't however
recommend Arch to a new Linux user, it's not Ubuntu. However once
installed and configured, it's very easy to maintain.

python3 3.0-3
python 2.6.1-1
python24 2.4.6-1

wxpython 2.8.9.1-1