some question about python2.6 and python3k

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Sun Jan 4 13:05:36 EST 2009

Ken Seehart a écrit :
> Michael Yang wrote:
>> Hi,guys
>>
>> i am a new guy for python world,i have some question want to ask
>>
>> 1.should i learn about python2.6 or python3k?i heard of it has some
>> difference from them
>> .
> I think you should go directly to 3K to save your self the extra work of
> learning the differences.

That is, if you don't have any use for most major third-part lib.

> The main advantage of using 2.6 is compatibility with the past.

It's also compatibility with most third-part libs and with most existing
tutorials and books.

>  People
> who have already developed major projects will use 2.6 for a while until
> they get around to converting (if ever).  But if you are new to python,
> this advantage is not very relevant to you,

Unless you plan to work on any project relying on third-part libs...

> so you should start with 3K.
>> 2.Do python3k has some good web framework(like web.py)?
>>
> I don't know whether web.py specifically works under python 3K, but it
> seems to be a fairly active project, so my uneducated guess is that it
> will soon if it doesn't already.

Django is also a "fairly active project", and it's by no mean py3k ready
yet.

<OP>
Most major, active web frameworks will be ported to Py3k, but this will
take some time.
</OP>

> In any case 3K has plenty of direct
> support for all web related things.

Sure, but this doesn't replace a full-blown framework.