list iteration if statement

MRAB google at mrabarnett.plus.com
Fri Jan 2 21:07:57 EST 2009

alex goretoy wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm doing this in my code
>
> [[v.append(j) for j in i] for i in self.value]
>
> if works and all, but I need to add a if statement in the mix. Can't
> seem to remember the syntax to do so and everything I've tried seems to
> fail. How do I add a check to see if j is not int("0") then append to v
> list? Thank you in advance. -A

By:

     if j is not int("0")

I assume you mean:

     if j != int("0")

or just:

     if j != 0

The list comprehension is:

     [[v.append(j) for j in i if j != 0] for i in self.value]

BWT, do you know that v.append(j) modifies v in-place and returns None,
so the result of the list comprehension is a list of lists of None?