Noob question: Is all this typecasting normal?

Andreas Waldenburger geekmail at usenot.de
Fri Jan 2 19:57:25 EST 2009

On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 16:44:11 -0800 (PST) r <rt8396 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > haha, please forgive me.
> > > I'll try and think of some more creative names.
> >
> > FYI: The names themselves aren't he problem at all. They just should
> > be all_lowercase_with_underscores if they're functions or variables.
> > CamelCase (with initial capital!) is "reserved" for classnames only.
> >
> > /W
> >
> > --
> > My real email address is constructed by swapping the domain with the
> > recipient (local part).
>
> FYI camelCase with __init__ capital is called "title case" try this:

OK, since we're smartassing anyway: CamelCase refers specifically to
compound words or phrases that are conjoined, that is, written without
spaces between the words, where words are separated by writing their
respective first letters in capitals. Title case however refers to
normal phrases where (space separated) words are capitalized, and no
inner capitals occur (unless of course actual CamelCase words are used
in the phrase).

You even assumed that distinction in your example:

/W