Why not Ruby?

Ryan McCoskrie ryan.mccoskrie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 14:39:30 EST 2009

Xah Lee wrote:

> Q: Do you condemn Ruby?
>
> No. I think it's reasonably elegant, but today there are too many
> languages, so Ruby don't particularly standout for me. Many of them,
> are arguably quite more elegant and powerful than Ruby.

There is one thing that Ruby is exceptionally good for and that is
replacing COBOL and Visual Basic as the programming languages
for non-programmers. It's dead boring as a language but somebody
who is an accountant or something could make some okayish tools
for personal use in it.

Next point. If your going to post this sort of thing _only_ post to
comp.programming and _never_ post what is on your website. Just
put it into your sig block.