Why not Ruby?

Kenneth Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 18:34:19 EST 2009

Richard Riley wrote:
> Jason Rumney <jasonrumney at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Jan 1, 3:12 pm, r <rt8... at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The man lives in a world driven by common sense
>> "Common" sense suggests that his views are shared among the general
>> populace. I don't see much evidence of that in the sometimes never-
>> ending threads that frequently follow his postings. But it is good to
>> start debates about making changes to the status quo, often the
>> debates will result in worthwhile changes, even if those changes are
>> not what he proposed. I just wish he would choose his venue a little
>> more carefully sometimes.
>
> I find that with Xah's posts people argue the man and not his
> points.

Precisely, and thus they are the trolls: few of them trim followups, and
all of them try to sound funny or clever in their attacks. Xah has
something to say about technology, like what he says or not. His
attackers just see an open mike and want to hear the sound of their own
voice, which I certainly understand.

And before anyone goes for that old argument from self-reference, the
madding crowd succeeded once in their harrassment of The Xah so
remaining silent is no option.

p,k