Does the Python community really follow the philospy of "Community Matters?"

r rt8396 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 19:21:08 EST 2009

I been around the list for a while and rubbed sholders with some
pythonistas(some you would not beleieve if i told you) and i just
don't see a community spirit here.

Where are the community projects supporting Python? -- besides the
core devlopment. Seem s that nobody is interested unless their pay-pal
account is involved. I find this all quite disappointing.

Also if anyone dares to mention that Python is a great language or
better in this reguard or that, they get jumped and beat to death by
their "so-called" brothers.

AKAIK there is a group for every languge out there. C, Perl, Java,
Ruby, etc, etc. This is comp.lang.python, if you don't like it, hang
out in "comp.lang.whatever". Don't tell me or anybody "Comparing
Python -> Perl is not allowed here!".