modify IDLE?

Brian Blais bblais at bryant.edu
Mon Jan 19 21:15:15 EST 2009

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a simple way to modify IDLE, adding or
replacing menus?  I haven't dug into the source code yet, but was
wondering if anyone else has done something like this.  I have a
couple of projects that require users to write python code (or very
similar to python code) which is then run either in a completely
different interpreter, or pre-processed and run.  Right now, I just
make those programs load files, but it would be nice if somehow a
version of IDLE could pass the current buffer to my program instead
of the built-in interpreter.  Is mucking around with the IDLE code
something easy, or a bit of a challenge?

thanks,

		Brian Blais

--
Brian Blais