General direction

MLT MLThornton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 21:28:18 EST 2009

Hello all: I'm a beginner to Python (and programming altogether), and
am now looking to create a program of my own.  What I've got in mind
is a very basic pest control program that would keep track of 1) trap
findings and 2) pesticides.  My thought is to make each of these
classes.  Looking at the general outline written below, can anyone
give general impression about whether I'm somewhat going in the right
direction or if I need to approach it entirely differently?  Thanks
for any suggestions or help!

Class Insect_Trapping attributes:
 - Unique Name
 - Location
 - Type
 - Frequency of Checks?
 - Next Check Date

Within Insect_Trapping there are Trap_Count objects

Trap_Count objects have the following attributes:
 - Date
 - Time
 - Insect A Finds
 - Insect B Finds
 - Insect C Finds
 - Insect A Number
 - Insect B Number
 - Insect C Number

Class Pesticides attributes:
 - Unique Name
 - Usage Instructions

Within Pesticide there are Pesticide_Usage objects

Pesticide_Usage objects have the following attributes:
 - Date
 - Time
 - Location
 - Reason for Use