Mod_python, jsonrpc and sessions

p3dda.adam at googlemail.com p3dda.adam at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 14 11:47:16 EST 2009

Hi,

I've got a python web-application being served by apache via
mod_python, in which the users sessions are tracked via the mod_python
Session module.
Some of websites generated contain a java-script function which starts
a jsonrpc call to the same server and gets further data or stores
something to a database (AJAX). The server-sided jsonrpc functions are
written in python as ServiceMethods.

As I need to identify the user issuing the rpc call, I'm wondering if
there is any possibility to access the session created by the
previosly called mod_python Handler-method. In mod_python it is
accessed using the mod_python request object, but in the rpc
servicemethod I don't have such an object. So how can I track the rpc
caller?

Any ideas and hints appreciated.
Peter