How to get involved

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Jan 6 07:50:06 EST 2009

    Kaj> I'm new to the open source comunnity and I was wondering if there
    Kaj> are any bugs that I can trouble shoot or just some beginner tasks I
    Kaj> can be sent?

Python bugs and patches are tracked at

    http://bugs.python.org/

You can always write patches for bugs or review other peoples' patches.

There is talk of a Python Bug Day in the near future.  I suspect it will be
announced here.  A bug day is a virtual exercise where lots of people work
on closing out items on the bug tracker.  People communicate via IRC.
You might check out the links in the core development page:

    http://www.python.org/dev/

You can also get involved with open source projects written in Python.
There are plenty:

    Twisted
    SpamBayes
    Matplotlib