Extending Python with C or C++

Ryan heniser at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 15:06:13 EST 2009

I've been using Python for many years now. It's a wonderful language
that I enjoy using everyday. I'm now interested in getting to know
more about the guts (C/C++) and extending it. But, extending python
still seems like a black art to me. Is there anymore docs or info on
extending it besides the standard sparse ones (http://www.python.org/
doc/2.5.2/ext/intro.html) that may give me more insight? Is there a
class available? How can I learn more about the guts of python? How
would one go about following an interest in contributing to the
development of python.

Thanks,

Ryan