Email Program

Shane Geiger sgeiger at councilforeconed.org
Sat Feb 28 22:02:38 EST 2009

J wrote:
> Is it possible to make a GUI email program in Python that stores
> emails, composes, ect? Also, could I create my own programming
> language in Python? What are Pythons limits, or is this just a waste
> of my time to learn it.

Python is "Turing complete," which means it is a general-purpose
programming language.  Generally speaking, this means you can do
anything with it that you can do with any other programming language.
Being a higher-level language, Python is often chosen over other
languages because it is faster to do many things in Python.

You could also create another programming language with Python.  In
fact, another general-purpose programming language (C) was used to
create Python.

Python makes many things easy.  For many tasks, Python saves you a lot
of time.  It is a good general-purpose tool to know how to use well.  It
is a good beginner's language, as it makes many of the annoying things
about programs non-issues.

--
Shane Geiger, IT Director
Council For Economic Education / www.councilforeconed.org