Data Coding suggestions

steven.oldner steven.oldner at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 11:08:17 EST 2009

On Feb 27, 2:04 pm, Rick Dooling <rpdool... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 27, 6:42 am, "steven.oldner" <steven.old... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Just learning Python and have a project to create a weekly menu and a
> > shopping list from the menu.
> > Question:  How should I set up the data?  I'm looking at maybe 70 menu
> > items and maybe 1000 items for the shopping list.  I need to be able
> > to maintain each item also.
>
> I agree with Mr. Holden. It's a perfect exercise for using Python with
> sqlite3.
>
> And the nice thing about this documentation is it has plenty of good
> examples:
>
> http://docs.python.org/library/sqlite3.html
>
> Good luck,
>
> RD

Thanks guys.  While shopping today I've thought of a few more columns
for my data so my first item will be building the 3 DB tables and a
way to populate them.  Since this was intended to automate what I do
on a weekly basis, I didn't think about adding recipes since I know
what I need for the family, but that's a good touch.

Item 1. Build 3 db tables
Item 2. Build app to populate tables.
Item 3. Build app to read tables and print lists.

Anything else?