Queries

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Feb 26 07:51:50 EST 2009

Murray wrote:
[top-posting corrected]

> [...]

Investigate a GROUP BY solution that selects groups having a count of 1.

>> 2. Find the countries that had both battleships and battlecruisers
>> (those fall under type in Classes)

Look at EXISTS for one possible solutions.

>> 3. Find those ships that "lived to fight another day"; they were
>> damaged in one battle, but later fought in another.
>>
>From your model description I don't even see where the position and
attitude of each ship is stored, so I don't think I can give you any
help at all with this one.

>> The best way for me to understand would be relational algebra for each
>> of the statements.
>>

> Sounds like a homework assignment.    Good luck with it.
>
> It is, however I was able to get the first 8 done, I am struggling with
> these 3 particular ones. I have to make an SQL file based off of it,
so this
> seems to be a blockage in my works.

Good luck with the homework. Remember to acknowledge the help you've had
from this list (particularly your earlier issues: here you just have hints).

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119