Re: 'u' Obselete type – it is identical to 'd'. (7)

Wed Feb 25 02:50:49 EST 2009

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:04:05 -0800, John Machin wrote:

>> I don't know what you want to report, but I've reported that obsolete
>> is mispelled:
>>
>> http://bugs.python.org/issue5361
>
> +1 Own Goal of the Year ... see
>  http://www.yourdictionary.com/library/misspelled.html

Oh come on, it's hardly the Own Goal of the Year if it's in the (quote)
"100 Most Often Misspelled Words in English". A notable own goal would be
if I misspelled my own name or something. What I did was a run-of-the-
mill ordinary own goal, hardly worth even noting.

Besides, it's just the Time Machine in action. Come back in 10 years, and
I bet "mispelled" will be accepted as a legitimate variant, just like
inflammable/flammable, and in another 20 years, it will be the preferred
spelling. The process is well on the way according to Google:

Results 1 - 10 of about 4,850,000 for mispelled
Results 1 - 10 of about 4,560,000 for misspelled

Typo'ly y'rs - Stveen

*wink*