Looking for tips on running Python version 2.6 and 3.0 together on same *WINDOWS* machine

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Feb 25 00:20:11 EST 2009

> It's easy - the registry isn't used except to associate files. The
> associations are made with the most-recently-installed version.
>
> I currently have 2.4, 2.5, 2.6 and 3.0 on my Windows machine.

In addition, at install time, there is the choice of not creating
associations (i.e. links what interpreter should be invoked if you
double-click a .py file, and what version of IDLE should start
when you select Edit from the context menu).

So if you install 2.6 first, then 3.0, but deselect the installation
of associations, 2.6 will continue to be associated with the
.py, .pyw, and .pyc extensions.

Regards,
Martin