'u' Obselete type – it is identical to 'd'. (7)

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Feb 24 19:32:03 EST 2009

John Machin <sjmachin at lexicon.net> writes:

> On Feb 25, 9:06 am, Steven D'Aprano <st... at pearwood.info> wrote:
> > I don't know what you want to report, but I've reported that obsolete is
> > mispelled:
>
> +1 Own Goal of the Year ... see
>  http://www.yourdictionary.com/library/misspelled.html

Not so notable. It's merely one more incident of the law of
communication variously known as McKean's Law, Skitt's Law, and
Muphry's Law <URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muphry%27s_law>.

--
 \      “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O |
  `\           Lord, make my enemies ridiculous!’ And God granted it.” |