python sql query in django

May adleslie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 12:27:31 EST 2009

On Feb 23, 12:48 pm, Bruno Desthuilliers
<bdesth.quelquech... at free.quelquepart.fr> wrote:
> May a écrit :
> (snip)
>
> > I may not stay with Django.
>
> Nope, but your question was about Django.
>
> > I am seriously looking for whether python
> > can read data from a relational database
>
> Of course - as long as there's a Python adapter for your DB.
>
> > and send to an html template
>
> Of course - as long as it's either a Python templating system or there's
> a Python binding for this system.
>
> > or do I always need some kind of wrapper/interface such as Rails
>
> Uh ? Rails is a Ruby framework.
>
> > or
> > Django?
>
> No, you don't. If you prefer to reinvent the wheel on each and any part
> of each an any web app you write, please feel free to do so.
>
> > If this is the wrong group to ask that question
>
> Which "that" question ?-)
>
> For question related to Django's ORM, the django group is indeed a
> better place (as usual: always use the most specific group / maling list
> / whatever first). If you have questions (like the above) that are about
> Python itself, you're at the right place.

Thanks for all your suggestions.  From what I've experienced in Django
and now that I know a little more about how Python functions, I will
probably use a combination of PHP and Django, instead of trying to get
Python to do the web portion of my project.  Thanks again!