python sql query in django

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Mon Feb 23 15:48:32 EST 2009

May a écrit :
(snip)
> I may not stay with Django.

Nope, but your question was about Django.

> I am seriously looking for whether python
> can read data from a relational database

Of course - as long as there's a Python adapter for your DB.

> and send to an html template

Of course - as long as it's either a Python templating system or there's
a Python binding for this system.

> or do I always need some kind of wrapper/interface such as Rails

Uh ? Rails is a Ruby framework.

> or
> Django?

No, you don't. If you prefer to reinvent the wheel on each and any part
of each an any web app you write, please feel free to do so.

> If this is the wrong group to ask that question

Which "that" question ?-)

For question related to Django's ORM, the django group is indeed a
better place (as usual: always use the most specific group / maling list
/ whatever first). If you have questions (like the above) that are about
Python itself, you're at the right place.