Access from class variable to one on constructor

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Feb 23 05:02:17 EST 2009

En Mon, 23 Feb 2009 07:40:47 -0200, Kless <jonas.esp at googlemail.com>
escribió:

> How to access from a class variable to one that is initialized on the
> constructor?
> --------------
> class Foo():
>   foo = bar  # I want to access *from here* to variables created on
> the constructor.
>
>   def __init__(self, bar_init):
>     self.bar = bar_init
> --------------

Unless I misunderstand you, you can't do that. Class variables are shared
by all instances and don't depend on a particular instance - they exist
even *before* any instance is created.

> Note: I've to create a subclass where the parent class to get
> variables using *for i in dir(self): * so it doesn't get variables
> initialized on the constructor.

This part I don't understand at all. Perhaps a concrete example, showing
what you actually want at the end?

--
Gabriel Genellina