"metaclass conflict" error: where is noconflict ?

Barak, Ron Ron.Barak at lsi.com
Sun Feb 22 04:37:38 EST 2009

Hi Chris,

Applying your suggestion:

class ListControlMeta(type(wx.Frame), type(CopyAndPaste)):
    pass

class ListControl(wx.Frame, CopyAndPaste):
    def __init__(self, parent, id, title, list, max_list_width, log_stream, style=wx.DEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE):

        __metaclass__= ListControlMeta

        wx.Frame.__init__(self,parent,id,title,size=(max_list_width,-1), style=style)
        self.list = list
        self.log_stream = log_stream
        self.list_ctrl = wx.ListCtrl(self, -1, style=wx.LC_REPORT | wx.LC_NO_HEADER)
        self.list_ctrl.InsertColumn(0, title)
        for i,line_ in enumerate(list):
            self.list_ctrl.InsertStringItem(i, line_)

I get:

$ python -u ./failover_pickle_demo09.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./failover_pickle_demo09.py", line 319, in <module>
    class ListControlMeta(type(wx.Frame), type(CopyAndPaste)):
TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
    multiple bases have instance lay-out conflict

So, back to trying to understand...

Thanks and bye,
Ron.