Wanted: Online Python Course for Credit

Sat Feb 21 12:07:42 EST 2009

jsidell wrote:
> I'm a high school game development teacher and I have recently
> discovered Python to be a great way to introduce computer
> programming.  I intend to study Python on my own but I can get
> professional development credit at my job for taking a Python course.
> So I'm looking for an online class that I can get a certificate,
> college credit, or something to that effect.  Any suggestions would be
> greatly appreciated

I'd strongly suggest going to PyCon, (sign up for tutorials as well):
     http://us.pycon.org/2009/about/
I know, you want on-line, but the chance to meet with a group of others,
and this PyCon will likely have the best collection of teachers and
Python.

for example, There is a tutorial:
     Python for Teachers (Urner/Holden)

Also two strongly relevant sections in the scheduled talks:
8.  Learning and Teaching Python Programming: The Crunchy Way
     Dr. André Roberge
88.  Seven ways to use Python's new turtle module
     Mr. Gregor Lingl

But make no mistake, you need to mingle when you are there to get the
inspiration you'll want.

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org