Keeping the Console Open with IDLE

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Feb 20 11:14:16 EST 2009

En Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:37:06 -0200, W. eWatson <notvalid2 at sbcglobal.net>
escribió:
> Catherine Heathcote wrote:
>> W. eWatson wrote:

>>  Run the program from within the MS command line, not by double
>> clicking it.
> Shirley, you jest? DOS? To do this? How ugly. I barely recall the DOS
> commands. I get to drill my way down 4 levels of folders. What DOS cmd
> allows one to list only folders?

After executing these two commands, pressing TAB will auto-complete
matching filenames/directories:

reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor" /v CompletionChar /t
REG_DWORD /d 9

reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor" /v PathCompletionChar
/t REG_DWORD /d 9

(Overwrite the previous value, if exists). This is a global change and the
logged on user must have administrative rights to modify the registry.
Unprivileged users must use HKCU instead of HKLM.

--
Gabriel Genellina