Will multithreading make python less popular?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Thu Feb 19 15:33:59 EST 2009

rushenaly at gmail.com wrote:
> Thank you Steve,
>
> I really wanted to learn python, but as i said i don't want to make a
> dead investment. I hope someone can fix these design errors and maybe
> can write an interpreter in python :)
>
> Thank you so much great community...
> Rushen

By the way, since you have chosen Java you might be interested to know
that the JPython implementation (also open source) generates JVM
bytecode, and allows you to freely mix Java and Python classes.

There is no Global Interpreter Lock in JPython ...

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119