SVN/CVS and Branching

Jeff Dyke jeff.dyke at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 07:10:35 EST 2009

Fair enough.  Say my project is called foo, and it has many
submodules.  So there are imports that may look like `import foo.bar`
or `from foo.bar import baz`, if i change the top level directory, it
is no longer foo and then those imports do not work as originally
written.  The way i currently do this  is to create a branch, say
foo2, and create a symbolic link named foo pointing at foo2, after
renaming foo, when i want to work on the branch and remove the link
when i want to work on the head.  This actually works fine, but
thought there may be a better way.

Jeff