Upgrading standard library module

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Feb 17 18:29:50 EST 2009

En Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:37:12 -0200, Bryan <bryanvick at gmail.com> escribió:
> On Feb 17, 12:34 am, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-... at yahoo.com.ar>
> wrote:
>> En Fri, 13 Feb 2009 20:17:35 -0200, Bryan <bryanv... at gmail.com>
>> escribió:

>> version of
>>
>> > I also did not see anything in the revision log in the source file
>> > about this change.
>>
>> It was rev.52790:http://svn.python.org/view?rev=52790&view=rev
>> The tracker item has some background:http://bugs.python.org/issue1070046
>
> Can you give me a quick run down of your process for researching this
> information?  I don't spend much time looking at the svn or bug
> tracker.

First, I looked the section in xmlrpclib.py that you were refering to.
Then, over a checked out copy of the sources, I ran:
svn blame xmlrpclib.py
and I got the revision those lines were last modified. Then from the log
message of rev. 52790 I got the reference to the tracker item.

> Should I be checking there before posting?

It's a good idea to check first, but don't refrain from posting here.

--
Gabriel Genellina