Speedup Bitmap Parser

bearophileHUGS at lycos.com bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Feb 17 12:00:49 EST 2009

Jayson Santos:
> After changing my code to use only functions instead classes
> my code is too much faster.
> Here cProfile statistcs:
> Using old code : 633608 function calls in 1.361 CPU seconds
> Using new code: 475487 function calls in 0.800 CPU seconds

If you show a pastebin of the new version (you can also paste it, for
reference for future people, when the pastebin will be deleted),
probably there are ways to improve it more.
And I also suggest you to try Psyco. (Someone recently has shown here
a compiled version for Windows of Psyco for Python 2.6).

Bye,
bearophile