print string as raw string

Mirko Dziadzka mirko-usenet-200902 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 06:54:01 EST 2009

Diez B. Roggisch <deets at nospam.web.de>  wrote:
>> I'm trying to find a way to output strings in the raw-string format, e.g.
>>
>> print_as_raw_string(r"\.") should output r"\." instead of "\\."
>>
>> Is there a better way than writing your own print function? Some magic
>> encoding?
>
> There is no need to do this. Rawstrings are only different wrt to their
> parsing, the resulting string is the exact same.

I know.

Maybe a little bit more eplaination from my site.  I'm going to generate
python source which contains lot of regex-strings and I want this code
to be easy readable and editable.
In fact, editing these regexes is the main reason for exporting them.

So I would prefer the more compact and readable raw-string notation
instead of the smantic equivalent string notation.

So I'm going to write these couple of lines to convert a string in this
raw-string format.

Greetings

    Mirko

--
"In C we had to code our own bugs. In C++ we can inherit them."