Windows vista

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Mon Feb 16 05:29:16 EST 2009

-On [20090216 09:50], loveshadowdog at yahoo.com (loveshadowdog at yahoo.com) wrote:
>the error screen says that the my personal fire wall is blocking the
>program to run.

My default Windows Vista x64 installation is not blocking my IDLE at all, so
it might be you're not using the standard Windows firewall but perhaps some
third-party one.

Most of the time in the firewall configuration windows you can add specific
executables to be allowed access. As such you probably have to point it to
the C:\Python25\Python.exe file, but that's just a guess.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust...