A little bit else I would like to discuss

Damon damonwischik at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 22:16:11 EST 2009

On Feb 12, 8:15 pm, Philip Semanchuk wrote:
> Let me know when Visual Studio tries to address building GUIs for
> Windows, OS X, Gnome, and KDE. Until then, you're comparing apples to
> oranges, or chalk and cheese if you're from that part of the world.

Right now.

Use Visual Studio to program a .net application using Windows Forms.
Run it in Mono on Windows, or OS X, or Linux. You can even do it with
IronPython. Or, if you prefer a native look on each application, do it
with wx.net. The great thing about IronPython in .net is that you can
just link in any other .net library in whatever language it's written
in, without needing any sort of wrapper.

Admittedly, I haven't tried this, I'm just going by the hype I read on
the Mono and wx.net pages. Also, you can quibble whether it's Visual
Studio that tries to address this, or the Mono effort.

Damon.