is there a project running (GUI Builder for Python ) ?

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 14:41:17 EST 2009

azrael wrote:
> To be honest, in compare to Visual Studio, Gui Builders for wx widgets
> are really bad. Also completly for python there is not one good
> GuiBuilder. The only one I have seen that would come near VS was
> BoaConstructor, But the number of Bugs is just horrific. Too bad that
> no one is developing it further.
>
> Do you know if there is any project curently running for GUI builders,
> maybe for WX, That I could maybe join.
> --

Well I come from Delphi, and compared to Delphi, even Visual Studio
vanishes ;-)
I also tried to start with wxGlad, Boa, XRC ....
... but they were full of bugs, or even couldn't be started.
The best seems to be PyQt, but the license is (still) terrible (and
maybe only their stories are much better than the real result ;-).
I didn't try XRC, because I found it much too difficult,
but instead I wrote a small program,
making a much easier version of the XRC-idea.
And after a few months,
I don't even notice the difference between Delphi (which I'm still using)
and wxPython.

I think this story happened to other people to,
so instead of putting a lot of effort in designing and maintaining a GUI
builders,
it might be better to choose another solution.

btw, the idea I used, can be seen here]
http://mientki.ruhosting.nl/data_www/pylab_works/pw_gui_support.html
and the code can be found here
http://code.google.com/p/pylab-works/downloads/list