Spam

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Thu Feb 12 12:23:29 EST 2009

> If you subscribe to C.P.L as a mailing list instead of a
> newsgroup, I believe most of the spam gets filtered out at the
> mailing list<->news group gateway by the Python.org spam
> filters... At least no spam in my Gmail spam folder appears to
> be flagged from this group(at a very brief glance) so they
> appear to be doing quite well.

Allow  me to take this opportunity to thank the folks that *are*
doing/managing this spam-filtering of the mailing list side of
things -- the drastic drop in spam (from 6+ months back) is much
appreciated!

Though I guess this thread does beg the question:  is there a way
to read the filtered mailing list with a newsreader (via NNTP)
instead of getting it delivered via email or subjecting oneself
to the spamminess of c.l.p?  I like some of the "kill-thread"
types of options I've got on the NNTP side of readers that aren't
as readily available to me on the email side of things
(Thunderbird allows for thread-kills in News, but not in email).

-tkc