hpw to convert a linux python script ?

rdmurray at bitdance.com rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Feb 11 16:05:00 EST 2009

Stef Mientki <stef.mientki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alec Schueler wrote:
> > On Feb 11, 7:58 pm, Stef Mientki <stef.mien... at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> As there are a whole lot of these lines, in a whole lot of files,
> >> I wonder if there's a simple trick to point
> >>   /usr/share/tinybldLin/
> >> to my directory ?
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >> Stef
> >>

> > Find and replace?
> >
> well I was thinking of a more elegant way,
> so the scripts remains, or better become multi-platform.
>
> anyway thanks,

Well, you'll have to rewrite the script so that it doesn't make
assumptions about path names, and we can't help you with that without
seeing some of the script code.  There _might_ be easy fixes, but if the
path is hardcoded in many places in the script...then you will just have
to go through and un-hard-code it.

--RDM