best way to serve wsgi with multiple processes

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Feb 11 10:48:31 EST 2009

On 2009-02-11 16:16, Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> Robin wrote:

>> I'm sorry - I originally missed the worked 'forked' and hence the
>> whole point of your message I think.
>>
>> I looked at flup before but had forgotten about the forked version.
>> Having revisited it I think the forked version does keep a process
>> pool so each request is processed by a seperate process, which is
>> exactly what I wanted.
>
> You can have that with mod_wsgi & daemon mode as well, with presumably less
> setup hassle.

Another option that works well on Unix and even Windows is SCGI
which deals with the forking and piping of data for you:

    http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/scgi/
    http://python.ca/scgi/

Lighttpd even ships with a mod_scgi module built-in.

More on the protocol used by SCGI (basically net-strings):

    http://python.ca/scgi/protocol.txt

Unlike FastCGI, it's very easy to setup.

Since SCGI provides standard CGI on the Python side, it's easy to
wrap this up as WSGI interface (using e.g. the code from PEP 333).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 11 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/