python3 tutorial for newbie

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Feb 11 01:09:50 EST 2009

En Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:22:36 -0200, Gary Wood <pythonsky at sky.com> escribió:

> Can someone recommend a good tutorial for Python 3, ideally that has
> tasks or assignments at the end of each chapter.

I don't know of any specifically targetted to Python 3, except the
official one at http://www.python.org/doc/3.0/

For the most part, any Python tutorial should be fine. Perhaps the only
visible change (at the tutorial level) is that "print" became a function:

# 2.x syntax:
print "Hello", "world!"

# 3.x syntax:
print("Hello", "world!")

That said, Python 3.0 is so recent that isn't widely used yet, and many
third party libraries aren't available for 3.0 at this moment. This
certainly will change in the future, but in the meantime, perhaps you
should stick to Python 2.6 for a while.

--
Gabriel Genellina