optparse versus getopt

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 16:48:04 EST 2009

On 2009-02-10 15:42, Matthew Sacks wrote:
> it seems as if optparse isn't in my standard library.

How did you install your Python? It has been part of the standard library for a
very long time.

> is there a way to add a lib like ruby gems?

http://docs.python.org/install/index.html

But optparse (named Optik when it was a separate package) has not been
distributed separately from Python for a long time.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco