wsdl2py/ZSI and complex types with arrays

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Mon Feb 9 20:38:06 EST 2009

On 04Feb2009 15:55, eviljonny <how at about.no.com> wrote:
| I have been trying to write a web service using ZSI with wsdl2py. I have
| read 'The Zolera Soap Infrastructure User’s Guide Release 2.0.0' and some
| older guides (a guide by Nortel called Using ZSI with wsdl2py) and am
| unable to find any working examples of how to use arrays in complex
| types. I have a Request method which takes an array as an argument and
| responds with an array.
[...]
| Can anyone provide me an example (or a link to an example) of how to
| populate the arrays in complex types? Even pointing me in the right
| direction would be wonderful.

I am by no means a ZSI expert. You may do better to join this list:
and ask there.

Glancing at some code using ZSI-2.1-a1 here I've got code like this:

  # MR refers to a complex type with a <loginResultList> component,
  # and that contains a list of <item> elements
  LRL = MR._loginResultList = MR.new_loginResultList()
  LRL._item = []
  for LI in RQ.get_element_LoginList():
    class item:
      ... fill in some class attributes ...
    LRL._item.append(item)

thus populating the <loginResultList> with <item> elements.
("item" is only a class for the convenience of having _foo attributes easy to
assign to).

Cheers,