MacPython 2.5 IDLE font size

Mon Feb 9 09:30:29 EST 2009

I (Scott David Daniels) wrote:
> chohazel at gmail.com wrote:
>> Is there a way to adjust the default font size in IDLE, in MacPython
>> 2.5? The default now is too tiny.
>> I have to use this version of MacPython. As far as I searched, I can't
>> find how I do this.
>
> If you can read what you have at all, try to go toHelp (on the top),
> then down in that menu to "Configure IDLE ..."
> There will be a possibly long delay.  Then on the tab in the produced
> window, You can set the Base Editor Font and Size.  I use Tahoma 14.
> Then go click "Ok".  If the display doesn't get better, you might have
> to exit from Idle and restart it.  If this doesn't work, get back to me
> and we can try something more drastic.

Although the OP seems no longer interested,  I'd now advise anyone
interested yo read the entire section on installing VPython (v5) on
OS/X.  It has a very clear set of things to do to get Python 2.5 and
IDLE working.  You can simply skip the steps for downloading and
installing VPython if you like.
     http://www.vpython.org/contents/download_mac.html

As to why it is on vpython.org rather than python.org, VPython is used
in physics courses at a number of universities, and they teach their
classes (to people not necessarily programmers) using IDLE to interact
with and program their physics demos (3-D images that you can mouse
around to change your point of view).

--Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org